“He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.” Psalm 91:4
A proper covering through God in your life brings about five graces:
1) COMPANIONSHIP – This comes through agreement. Amos 3:3 says, “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” God promises sweet fellowship with Him and others when you come into agreement.
2) COMPLETENESS – God’s covering brings completeness in your life.
Colossians 2:10a, “. . . ye are complete in him. . . . “He will be your husband, your wife, your father, your mother, or friend that sticks “closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24b)
3) FRUITFULNESS – Jesus said, “He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much FRUIT. . . . “(John 15:5a) (Emphasis supplied.) God wants you to “Be fruitful and multiply.. . .“ (Genesis 1:28)
4) PROTECTION – God’s protection comes through His love. He has protected you from sin’s power through His love on the cross. In the same way, “Husbands, love [protect] your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.”(Ephesians 5:25)
5) FORGIVENESS – Your relationships are covered through forgiveness. “. . . if a man [or woman] be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness . . . “(Galatians 6:la)
PRAY: “Dear Father, I need Your covering today. Guide my steps, my conversations, my thoughts and my actions. Let my life be pleasing in Your sight. Amen”