Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.” I Peter 5:8
The Gulf War of 1991 appeared to be a classic struggle between GOOD and EVIL. America’s success was attributed to good strategy on the battlefield. YOU need to know some things for success on today’s spiritual battlefields as well.
1) No time for euphoria. The enemy is real. The Church cannot sleep during crises. (Matthew 13:25)
2) Count the cost. War is costly, both in dollars and in lives. Spiritually, as well, you must risk losing all. “…whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.” (Luke 9:24b)
3) The best defense is good offense. There comes a time when you can make no progress over your problem dealing with it in a strictly defensive way. You need to then ATTACK, INVADE, OCCUPY. Evil triumphs when good men do nothing!
4) Check your guidance systems. The devil wants you to be guided by feelings and emotions, not by God.
5) Verify the enemy target. “…we wrestle not against flesh and blood…” (Ephesians 6:12a) Identify your SPIRITUAL enemy.
6) Beware of terrorists’ attacks. Watch the battlefront and watch that back door!
PRAY: “0 Lord, I am so grateful Your Word promises that ‘the God of peace shall bruise Satan under (my) feet shortly.’* Help me to reclaim any lost ground. In Jesus’ Name, amen.”