“Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen the cords, and strengthen thy stakes.” Isaiah 54:2
A large potted plant beside the house was dying. Closer inspection revealed that the roots were actually splitting the plastic pot and growing into the earth. God spoke in this situation and said, “The plant is potted and root-bound like many of My children today.”
Here are six characteristics of a “potted,” root-bound Christian.
1) Sickly – Low on vitality, wilted leaves, anemic, no testimony, no desire to worship or pray.
2) High Maintenance – Requires daily attention, water, self-centered, over dependence on pastor or friends.
3) Root-Bound – No more soil (vision), just a ball of roots (knowledge). Like a stagnant pond, nowhere to go.
4) Top Heavy – Easily blown over by winds of adversity, big headed, high, lofty with pride.
5) Unsettled – Ungrounded, easily moved about by others, no foundation, no long-term direction.
6) Sterile – No reproduction, ingrown, no room in pot for new seeds, no vision for souls, no compassion.
PRAY: “Dear God, heal my root-bound condition today. Expand my vision and help me to grow out of the confines of my flesh to experience Your infinite provision. I pray in Jesus’ Name. Amen.”