“There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him.” Proverbs 6:16 (NIV)
Examine your heart today in these seven areas that are an abomination to the Lord:
1) “Haughty eyes” (Verse 17). This “thing” speaks of a proud look. James 4:6 says, “God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.”
2) “A lying tongue” (Verse 17). Lying is sin… it is darkness. God exposes sin with His glorious light. “For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.” (Luke 12:2)
3) “Hands that shed innocent blood” (Verse 17). God takes up the cause of the oppressed and hates any form of human prejudice.
4) “A heart that devises wicked schemes” (Verse 18). “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” Wicked imaginations come from a heart not submitted to God.
5) “Feet that are quick to rush into evil” (Verse 18). Sin can become a habit. I Timothy 4:2 speaks of an end-times apostasy where people’s consciences are “seared with a hot iron” (a hard, calloused heart).
6) “A false witness who pours out lies” (Verse 19). Your LIFE can be a false witness if you are not living up to your Christian testimony. People are watching.
7) “A man who stirs up dissension among brothers” (Verse 19). God is a God of unity and harmony. He calls you to be a peacemaker. James 3:18 says, “And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace…”
PRAY: “Please lead me in the path of Your righteousness, Holy Father. Amen.”