“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.” I John 5:14
God never says NO to His children when they ask according to His promises. He cannot lie. (See Titus 1:2.) You learn His will by listening to His voice and reading His Word.
Here are nine reasons some prayers go unanswered. Can you think of others?
1) SIN. Psalm 66:18. “Sin” is defined in Romans 14:23b: “…for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” James 4:17 says: “Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”
2) UNBELIEF. Mark 11:23.
3) UNFORGIVENESS. Mark 11:25.
4) DISHONORING OF COMPANION. I Peter 3:7.
5) SATANIC RESISTANCE. Daniel 10:12-13.
6) DISOBEDIENCE. I John 3:22.
7) WRONG MOTIVES. James 4:3-4.
8) AVOIDING THE POOR. Proverbs 21:13.
9) GOD’S TIMING. Galatians 6:9.
There is much value in fervent, persistent praying in the Spirit. Learn to bind and loose, confess the Word, plead the blood, and invoke the Name of Jesus. Then wait for ANSWERS!
PRAY: “Father, thank You for listening to my prayers. Help me to discern Your will in each situation and be patient while I await Your response. In Jesus’ Name, amen.”