“But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit” Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NIV)
Look upon your life today as a beautiful tree. God wants you to be planted by the rivers of living water (Psalm 1:3). He sees your potential as a mature and beautiful tree of righteousness (Isaiah 61:3).
However, you cannot grow a mature tree in a POT! The pot must be broken, like Gideon’s clay pot, to allow the light of Christ to shine forth. (See Judges 7:19-21.)
Read again the text verse (Jeremiah 17:7-8) and identify six benefits of being planted:
1) Happiness – “Blessed [happy] is the man. .
2) Confidence – Hope in God.
3) Well Watered – ‘. . roots by the stream.. .
4) No Fear – Even “when [the] heat comes!”
5) No Worries – Of seasonal drought. . . life’s “ups and downs.”
6) Always Fruit Bearing – A healthy, reproductive tree.
Get planted! Put your roots down deep. . . in your CHURCH. . . in your COMMUNITY. . . in your HOME on your JOB. Find your place to function. Be the best at where you are NOW!
PRAY: “Patient Lord, I am ready to put down roots and grow strong in You. Help me to find my proper place to serve. In Jesus’ Name, amen”